Easy DIY Tablescape – Perfect for Valentine’s Day
If you live in Colorado, then you know that the weather here can be such a tease! With beautiful 60 degree days that pop up well into January, February is the month that will bring some of the coldest temperatures. I know, I know… it’s WINTER! The problem, however, is that my mind and heart have already moved on by this point. The Christmas decorations are put away, any excitement over “sweater weather” is long behind me and the longing for a white Christmas is a distant memory. I’ve moved on to Valentine’s Day, Spring and all things floral… it’s just too bad that Mother Nature has other plans :-/
However, although I cannot change the current “sitch” outside of my home, I do have the ability to make it bright and floral INSIDE my home! 🙂 So today, I am sharing a super easy and quick tablescape that you can recreate at home, just in time for Valentine’s Day!
• Florals from Trader Joe’s (2 bunch of Eucalyptus stems, 1 bunch of Peach Daisies, 1 bunch of pale pink Roses and 1 bunch of White Tulips)
• Table Runner (optional) – mine is from the spring collection of the Hearth & Hand line from Target
• (5) Candle sticks – mine are vintage brass candlesticks that are varying in height (I like the variation of height for increased visual interest) 🙂
• (5) Tapered Candlesticks (from Target, available in various colors)
- Lay down your table runner (if using one… natural wood underneath would look beautiful as well)
2. Find your center point and then place your Eucalyptus stems down, starting at the outer edges of the table, working inward until you have reached your center point.
3. Arrange your candle sticks into the Eucalyptus stems, starting with the center stick (making it the tallest if you are using varying heights). I like to create a zig zag effect with my candlesticks, weaving them throughout the greenery.
4. Snip short stems of your Daisies, Roses and Tulips and stick them into the Eucalyptus stems as you see fit. I like to start with the larger Daisies and then work the remaining florals in between.
5. Place candles and set table!
That’s it! Really! So easy and SO BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy!