In this post, I will teach your how to make your own Fixer-Upper Inspired bud vase.
If you follow me on Instagram , then you know that I go thrifting often … every Thursday, in fact, for #thriftwithmethursday.
It brings me such joy to discover discarded treasures! You know what they say… one woman’s junk, is another woman’s treasure 🙂 I, however, enjoy not only the thrill of the hunt, but also the opportunity to spread my creative wings. I see things differently than most, and this DIY project is one such example!
With just $15 and 5 minutes, you can transform a vintage cheese grater into a beautiful, Fixer-Upper inspired bud vase!
How to make your own Fixer-Upper Inspired Bud Vase
- Vintage Cheese Grater – $4 (find at your local thrift store or antique mall)
- Wire – $4 (find in my Amazon Shop under Tutorial Tools)
- Wire Snippers – $5 (find in my Amazon Shop under Tutorial Tools)
- Bud Vase (purchased mine from Hobby Lobby) $0.90 after I used my 40% OFF coupon, which they always have online.
Snip off a piece of your wire (about 6 inches should work… you can always snip off any excess)
Center your bottle to the middle of the wire and wrap the wire around the neck of your bottle. Twist the wire to keep it in place.
Place your bottle on the cheese grater, thread your wire thru the holes, and twist them together in the back. Next, snip off any excess wire, once your bottle is secured.
Place your favorite, seasonal stem in your new bud vase and enjoy! You can hang it with a nail, ribbon, twine, etc. or simply lean it in a book shelf!
Shop This Post
- Vintage Cheese Grater – (find at your local thrift store or antique mall)
- Wire Snippers
- Bud Vase ( Hobby Lobby) $0.90 after I used my 40% OFF coupon, which they always have online.