This super simple summer time dessert recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! With fresh fruit, adorable mini angel food cakes and a dollop of ice cream it’s almost impossible to go wrong!
Summer time means fresh fruit and easy (yet delicious) recipes! It’s time to slow down, get outside and enjoy al fresco dining on the porch!
This recipe blends some of my favorite summer time treats … berries and cream served over sweet angel food cake. It’s like strawberry shortcake with a twist!
This recipe is not only a breeze to make, but the perfect desert to serve alongside your summer BBQ staples. Serve up this dessert on classic blue and white plates (whether real or paper gingham plates) and add instant (yet subtle) patriotic flair to your next summer or Memorial Day gathering (the unofficial start to Summer)!
Need Memorial Day party ideas? Click here for classic decor options that celebrate our country’s brave heroes!
Angel Food Cake with a Blackberry Reduction Sauce
When it comes to planning a party, I am all about easy! This beautiful, tasty and simple summer time dessert is just that… EASY!! Below are the ingredients needed to make your own Mini Angel Food Cake with Blackberry Reduction Sauce.
- Mini Angel Food Cakes (found at your local grocer)
- 4 cups of fresh Blackberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- vanilla ice cream
- Spring of Rosemary (for garnish)
- combine blackberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat
- stir as sugar mixes with blackberry juice and melts, about 2-3 minutes
- in a small bowl combine lemon juice, water and corn starch
- stir in the lemon mixture into the blackberries and bring to a boil. Then, cook for another 2 minutes as the sauce thickens
- Pour over the mini angel food cake, add a dollop of vanilla ice cream, rosemary garnish and enjoy!
Like this post? Check out more posts below I know you’ll love!
- Creative S’mores Recipes
- Back Porch Refresh – A Spring Makeover
- Memorial Day Party Ideas that honor our heroes
Save this for later – pinnable image!
Love DIY Projects, Decorating and Entertaining Tips? Join the Boxwood & Spruce Community and get them delivered directly to you inbox!